Marucci is a brand that has made a name for itself due to the quality of their product; one thing they are known for is producing top-quality baseball equipment, which is paramount to the game. Any athlete knows that your kits and equipment are crucial because they contribute to your success in any sport. It gives a competitive edge to another athlete with inferior equipment as it boosts your talent and effort. Therefore, any brand looking to make it to the limelight must make quality their watchword.
Marucci is quite a popular name in baseball and is known for producing sporting equipment but focuses mostly on baseball equipment, including bats, gloves, batting helmet, chest protector, and batting gloves.
Jack Marucci, an athletic trainer, created the Marucci brand; After tirelessly searching for the right bat for his son, Gino, he decided to make one for him. Bat making was just a hobby for Marucci until he met Kurt Ainsworth, who started recommending him for other players. By 2009, the Marucci brand was established with Kurt, part of the founding members. In less than five years, three percent of the major league baseball players were using the Marucci bats. By the end of 2016, 40% of the Major league players were using the Marucci bats. Marucci offers both wooden and Metal bats, including other sports accessories. Over the years, bats produced by Marucci have been a success in the industry, with lots of endearing features that make them unarguably one of the best in the industry.
The Marucci CAT7 was first produced in 2017 and is, without doubt, one of the best bats in the baseball world. The bat is quite an upgrade from its predecessor (CAT6) and has more appealing features that will endear you to it. Generally, it may not be the best bat for everyone but to those, it fits perfectly with called it a game-changer. If you are looking for an aluminum bat with a balanced swing weight, you should seriously consider it because getting these two factors in a bat is rare.
Marucci CAT7 is a Bbcor bat made of a strong alloy, AZ4X alloy. However, this is not the only feature that will endear you to this bat. Other incredible features include a double barrel, anti-vibration knobs, design, and construction. All these features combined in one bat make it unique compared to others and are built to offer consistent swing while providing the player with a traditional feel.
- Construction: The AZ4X alloy construction improves the bat’s strength while giving it a higher response rate. It has a light swing for a one-piece aluminum bat as most light swing bats are majorly two-piece composite bat. Although it is an aluminum bat, it gives the batter a traditional feel of a wooden bat.
- Anti-Vibration Knob: Marucci anti-vibration is a good invention that is uncommon in a single-piece aluminum bat. Vibration is a problem of these types of bats as they travel directly from the to your hand. Marucci has successfully addressed this particular problem with the anti-vibration knob, which pushes it points higher than other bats in the game.
- Design: Thanks to its alloy construction, the anti-vibration knob, and attractive, sleek design, the CAT7 is unique. Another contributing factor to its uniqueness is the design. The single-piece design gives a smooth batting experience when hitting at all ranges. The barrel features a ring-free technology that improves performance with no dead spots.
- Double Sweet Spot: Generally, aluminum bats come with a thin barrel, as this produces a trampoline effect on contact. But the case is slightly different with the CAT 7. Due to its construction with a strong alloy, the bat has improved strength and response, but that is not only what makes this bat different. It comes with a larger thin barrel, thereby producing a more significant trampoline effect on contact. The anti-vibration knob features a piece of composite rubber that seats inside the knob and absorbs vibration on hitting the ball.
- It gives a balanced swing and boost performance
- It is thicker than most bats
- Ring-free barrel technology improves performance
- it is heavier than other bats
- it requires batting gloves to have a firm grip
Marucci CAT7 is undeniably one of the best bats in the game, with lots of unique features that will completely captivate your interest. Anyone looking for a single-piece aluminum bat with a balanced swing should seriously consider this bat.